When it comes to addiction recovery, treatment is not a “one-size-fits-all” approach. Therefore, all levels of care will work differently for people as everyone’s circumstances and needs are unique.
While there are many traditional forms of treatment, there are also alternative forms of treatment commonly used, called holistic treatment. At Eagle Creek Ranch Recovery in Nampa and Boise, Idaho, we believe in the mind-body connection.
Therefore, our team of highly-trained behavioral health specialists utilizes a holistic approach to addiction and mental health treatment for men. Our holistic therapy program aims to treat the whole person and get to the root of one’s condition, as they’ve found it has resulted in successful recovery outcomes.
Unlike more traditional forms of treatment, holistic recovery goes beyond just addressing the symptoms of addiction, instead focusing on the person as a whole to try and uncover and treat the root causes of substance abuse and addiction.
Holistic recovery recognizes that addiction affects more than just the body. It encompasses the mind, spirit, and emotions and therefore, the approach focuses on all those aspects at the same time.
Holistic therapy often involves many different practices that complement each other to help promote healing. These can include psychotherapy, alternative medicine, and experiential activities, all designed to engage the person profoundly.
The biggest thing that sets holistic therapy apart from the other, more traditional therapy options though is the emphasis it places on personalized, patient-centric care. Instead of a one-size-fits-all approach, holistic recovery tailors treatments to the unique needs of each individual.
The ultimate goal of holistic therapy is to promote self-awareness, mindfulness, and a sense of balance, creating a foundation for lasting recovery.
Holistic treatment is grounded in the belief that addiction is a manifestation of imbalance within an individual’s life. Experiential therapy, specifically, involves engaging individuals in activities that encourage self-discovery, emotional expression, and personal growth. This hands-on approach enables participants to actively explore and address the underlying issues that contribute to addiction.
While on its own, this type of treatment can be effective, it is often combined with more traditional forms of treatment to create a well-rounded and effective addiction treatment plan. One reason why holistic treatment has grown in popularity is because it has proven to be highly effective, especially when combined with more traditional treatment methods. Holistic techniques not only help manage withdrawal symptoms but also contribute to long-term sobriety by addressing the underlying issues that drive addictive behaviors.
That’s just one of the many reasons why, at Eagle Creek Ranch Recovery in Nampa, Idaho, we integrate evidence-based practices with holistic therapies to create a synergistic approach that addresses addiction from multiple angles.
When it comes to holistic treatment, several different therapies can be utilized, many of which we offer at Eagle Creek Ranch Recovery. These include:
Yoga is a powerful tool for cultivating physical and mental well-being. Through a combination of postures, breathwork, and meditation, individuals can enhance their self-awareness and develop healthier coping mechanisms. Yoga provides a holistic approach to fitness, promoting physical strength, flexibility, and inner peace.
Meditation and mindfulness practices are integral components of holistic addiction recovery. These techniques empower individuals to stay present, manage stress, and cultivate a sense of inner calm. By incorporating mindfulness into daily life, participants develop resilience and awareness, key elements in breaking the cycle of addiction.
The importance of nutrition and physical activity in addiction recovery cannot be overstated. A well-nourished body and an active lifestyle contribute to improved mood, enhanced energy levels, and a strengthened foundation for recovery.
Reiki is a form of energy healing that focuses on balancing the body’s energy centers often with little or even no physical contact. By channeling healing energy through touch or non-contact methods, Reiki aims to promote relaxation and reduce stress. This holistic therapy complements traditional treatment methods, contributing to a sense of peace and vitality.
Sound baths involve the therapeutic use of sound to promote relaxation and healing. Participants immerse themselves in the harmonious vibrations of instruments such as singing bowls and gongs, fostering a deep sense of tranquility. This auditory experience can be particularly beneficial in alleviating stress and anxiety during the recovery process.
Conscious and controlled breathing techniques are central to breathwork, a holistic practice that enhances self-awareness and emotional regulation. By focusing on the breath, individuals can navigate challenging emotions, reduce cravings, and promote a sense of inner balance. Breathwork is a valuable tool in building resilience and promoting overall well-being.
The holistic approach to addiction recovery at Eagle Creek Ranch offers a myriad of benefits, such as:
- Comprehensive Healing – Holistic recovery addresses the multifaceted nature of addiction, providing a comprehensive framework for healing the mind, body, and spirit.
- Personalized Care – Individualized treatment plans ensure that each person receives care tailored to their unique needs, increasing the likelihood of successful and sustainable recovery.
- Enhanced Coping Mechanisms – Holistic therapies provide a diverse set of coping mechanisms, empowering each person to navigate whatever challenges life throws at them without turning to drugs or alcohol.
- Improved Physical and Mental Well-being – Through practices such as yoga, meditation, and nutritional therapy, individuals experience improvements in both physical and mental health, laying the foundation for lasting recovery.
- Stress Reduction and Improved Sleep – Mindfulness practices, meditation, and outdoor activities can help eliminate stress which, in turn, can help improve overall sleep quality. Adequate and restful sleep is a crucial element of overall well-being and plays a significant role in the recovery process.
- Spiritual Connection and Fulfillment – For many individuals, addiction recovery is not only about physical and mental well-being but also about finding a sense of purpose and connection to something greater than themselves. Holistic programs allow individuals to explore their spiritual dimension, fostering a sense of meaning and fulfillment in their lives.
- Long-term Sobriety – By addressing the root causes of addiction and providing tools for ongoing self-care, holistic recovery sets the stage for long-term sobriety and a fulfilling life for those in and around Boise, Idaho.
At Eagle Creek Ranch Recovery, we are committed to providing a comprehensive and compassionate approach to addiction recovery. Our holistic program encompasses a range of evidence-based treatments and experiential therapies, including:
- Individual Counseling – Our licensed therapists work with individuals to explore the underlying issues contributing to addiction and develop strategies for sustainable recovery.
- Group Therapy – Group therapy for substance abuse provides a supportive environment for individuals to share their experiences, gain insights, and build connections with others on a similar journey.
- Holistic Learning – We emphasize holistic practices such as stress management, mindfulness, and nutritional education to foster holistic well-being.
- Outdoor Activities – With so much nature and beauty surrounding our Nampa, Idaho location, we offer several outdoor activities that promote physical fitness, adventure, and a connection to the healing power of nature.
- Holistic Therapies – Yoga, meditation, nutritional therapy, Reiki, sound baths, and breathwork are integrated into our program to enhance self-awareness and promote holistic healing.
How We Approach Holistic Addiction Recovery
At Eagle Creek Ranch Recovery, our approach to holistic addiction recovery is rooted in compassion, individualization, and evidence-based practices. We understand that each person’s journey is unique, and our team is dedicated to providing personalized care that addresses the specific needs of each individual.
Upon admission, individuals undergo a thorough assessment to identify the underlying factors contributing to addiction. This information guides the creation of a personalized treatment plan that integrates holistic therapies with evidence-based practices.
During treatment, each person will work with our team of licensed therapists, counselors, medical professionals, and holistic practitioners. This collaborative approach ensures that everyone is not only on the same page, but that the individual in treatment receives the comprehensive care that they need to address all aspects of their addiction.
We also understand that recovery is a lifelong journey that doesn’t end once treatment has been completed. That’s why we provide aftercare planning, relapse prevention strategies, and ongoing support to help individuals maintain their newfound sobriety and holistic well-being.
Holistic recovery goes beyond more traditional recovery in that it focuses on not just the physical symptoms of addiction but the mind, body, and spirit as well. While it is a beneficial treatment method on its own, it is particularly effective when done as part of a larger treatment program.
At Eagle Creek Ranch Recovery, we understand the value of holistic recovery, which is why we now offer holistic recovery at our facility in Idaho. Contact us today to learn more about our holistic addiction recovery program and start your journey towards a healthier, more fulfilling life.
Kendall Maloof is the clinical director at Eagle Creek Ranch Recovery. She is a licensed marriage and family therapist and has held multiple leadership roles before settling here at Eagle Creek. Kendall received her master’s degree in marriage and family therapy from the Chicago School of Professional Psychology in 2016. Her career in mental and behavioral health began in 2014 when she took up internships in both the nonprofit and for profit sectors. She interned at multiple reputable companies, such as The Living Success Center and 449 Recovery in California.
In 2019, Kendall became the clinical director of Sunsets Recovery for Woman, a dual diagnosis program in southern California. Kendall is a natural leader. She has an incredible ability to problem solve and stay calm in any situation. Kendall never fails to show up when she is needed, and her calm demeanor makes her team and clients feel at ease. Eagle Creek Ranch Recovery is proud to have Kendall as our clinical director.